Background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Darkness.

Last night, or really all yesterday, we had really stormy weather. I say last night in particular because that's when it was the worst. After being up late studying and doing homework and what not, I was finally able to lay down around 2 a.m. Yes, I realize how late that is but in my own defense, schoolwork is JAM PACKED this week seeing how it is the end of the 3rd 9 weeks and next week it Spring Break '11! Anyways, I wasn't all that tired so I ended up flipping between channels until about 3:15. Around this time was when our power went out. I flipped. Thankfully it came back on about a minute later and I resumed watching Chefs vs. City. However, it did not stay back on for long. From this point on, the power would go off for about 30 seconds and then come back on for another 30 seconds. After doing this about 5 times it finally went out and stayed out. I was NOT a happy camper. I hate the darkness and I especially hate being in the dark alone (which is why I typically have my closet light on at night). If I were to wake up in the middle of the night, I like to see everything in my room. I guess what I really don't like about the darkness is the fact that it's more of an unknown. I know that more than likely there really is nothing in my room. It's the fact that I can't see it and be sure because I constantly feel like there is something there when I am in the dark. After staring wide-eyed into the darkness 'til around 4, I think I finally dozed off until I woke back up again around 4:50 when the power came back on. Good news was that it was a Wednesday today so we didn't have to be at school until a hour and 10 minutes passed the usual time. I wasn't tired today at school, but I know I will be when night time rolls around and it's time to study for my cumulative history test tomorrow... Oh joy. It's okay though because we have all next week off for SB '11! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment